Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Been a Great Year!

It's been almost 6 months since I made my first soy candle. It has been a fun ride. I have learned so much about being "self employed" and managing my own business. I could not have done it all by myself. I want to thank my family for all their support and encouragement....especially Philip for all the many times he bailed me out when I was technologically challenged! My sweet husband, Nelson has listened to me for hours as I would go on and on trying to make decisions regarding fragrance selections, marketing and purchasing. He knows as much about this business as I do!

A big thank you goes to Kyle Lane for using his skills to create my logo. I really love it!

My sincerest thanks goes to all of you who have encouraged me with your kind words and by buying my candles.. You are the ones who keep me going....because you believe in my product.

I have accomplished far more than I had ever dreamed I could do in such a short time. I participated in three craft fairs, made gift baskets for Christmas, tried retail sales(which didn't do too well....LIVE and LEARN) and even did a little online sales and blogging. I'm really trying to move into the 21st century. My kids should be proud!!!

Check back soon. I'm taking a short time off but will be unveiling some new fragrances in January. I still have some inventory for those who might need candles now.

Wishing you a New Year filled with God's blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment